TGI Friday, am I right? Ohh yes.
This week has been quite tiring I must say. The first half of the week my legs were aching like crazy from the weekend race and I was just generally tired. I made sure I took it relatively easy on the running front. I ran a 3 mile easy run on Tuesday (PAINFUL, very painful), 5 miles more normal run on Thursday (getting back into my groove which felt nice) and then this morning I went for a 2 mile run with Ben (helping him do intervals).
Ben is really keen on getting back into running and I couldn’t be more pleased. His whole attitude has changed; he’s excited about runs, he’s keen to get into shape and he’s quite upbeat about it all. Even while giving up alcohol! I don’t drink at all to be honest (occasionally a gin and tonic now and then) but Ben does like his wine. He doesn’t drink stupid amounts by any stretch of the imagination but it is his way of relaxing at the weekend. Hopefully he won’t find it too hard this weekend!
Anyway, the very lovely Meghan nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I’m very flattered and pleased. I love Meghan’s blog and really recommend, if you haven’t already, to go and check it out.
The rules are that I share 7 random things about myself and then nominate 7 other bloggers. So let’s get going!
1) I sweep our kitchen floor every morning and every evening. It’s obsessive I know, but it really, really annoys me when I walk bare feet and can feel crumbs on the floor. Also I think Alfie is out to make me crazy because when he eats his kibble he doesn’t eat it over his bowl, but crunches it in the middle of the kitchen and leaves a whole load of crumbs on the floor. It drives me mad.
2) Though I’m sure Ben is wholly unaware of this, in my mind we are having a ‘bathroom product paraphernalia’ war that has been raging (in my mind) for weeks. He leaves his hair gel out every single morning and I put it away every single morning.
3) I passed the time during the half-marathon by checking out other runners. This sounds weird I know, but looking at other runners and what they were wearing (especially the ladies) was a good way to stop myself getting bored. I’d be like “Oooh I like her leggings…” or “he has a cool running belt”.
4) I don’t mind watching scary films as long as they’re not gory. Any scenes of mutilation or torture and I’m outta there. Give me floating ghosts and creaky floorboards any day. I love Game of Thrones but why do they have to make it so violent and painful?? It was bad enough reading it in the book, but seeing it is so much worse.
5) I used to get really bad night terrors when I was younger so much so I had to have my sister sleep in my room on our camp bed. I made her pack that thing away and tidy her stuff out of my room every morning though. How mean was I??
6) I avoid my neighbours. They’re so chatty and nosey. I swear they watch at the window for me to walk past before leaping out of their door to catch me for a stupidly long catch-up. Invariably I’m about to walk Alfie and Alfie is just shooting them the Death Stare the entire time as he wants to actually get going. Ben and I have been known to hide from them at times.
7) I’m not a baby person. Like at all. Don’t get me wrong, I love my little niece, Ellie, to pieces but any other babies or small children? Nope. I have no maternal instinct whatsoever. Good luck, Ben
And the 7 lovely and brilliant bloggers I nominate are:
Maria @ Running Cupcake
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes
Laura @ Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish
Ffion @ Raspberries and Chocolates
Eleanor @ Eating Like a Horse
Obviously there are so many more I could have nominated but these are some of my favourites
Name something random about yourself? It’s actually quite hard! I don’t think I’m as unique as I’d like to be!
What’s your favourite genre of movie to watch? Mine is a gripping story, like Erin Brockovich, or a romantic comedy classic, like Four Weddings and a Funeral or When Harry Met Sally.
Do you like stuff put away like me, or left out for easy access like Ben? I’m all for keeping things minimalistic and tidy!
Have a wonderful weekend