Hello! Today feels like Friday for me today because Ben and me have a day off tomorrow. Hurrah!
This post is about the random things that have been happening that I wanted to put in the blog but it never seemed ideal.
Rain. So much rain. And the delightful experience of parking your car at work and coming back to see the river blocking your route back to it.
This was great. I really enjoyed wading through this massive puddle to get back to my car after work.
- Alfie, I love him dearly (he’s our little dog if you weren’t aware). But when I get home, walk him, make our dinner, then attempt to make my way to the sofa to relax he picks up his ball and runs over to me with it and drops it right in front of me…playing ball is the last thing I want to do. He then looks up at me with the most expectant face. Oh Alfie, how can I refuse?
- However, I have found a way to keep him entertained if I just want to do nothing (read or chill):Put the Animal Planet channel on! He loves the big cats programme and the cat-specific one (surprise surprise).
- The gym…ahh the gym. The things you see at the gym:Can you see the girl in the pink jogging bottoms? That white thing on her head is a huge furry hat. Sometimes it can be a bit chilly at the gym…but not that chilly! And yes she was there to workout. Seeing her on the treadmill was an experience in itself.
- Crazy shoe guy running on the treadmill: They’re barefoot trainers (I guess). They just looked very odd. I saw someone running in barefoot trainers at the Reading half as well. I’ve never been tempted to try it…You basically have to go back to basics with running to ‘re-learn’ how to run – like mile by mile. The guy in the race though was doing some hard heel-striking so I don’t know if his have helped him. I’d probably get injured in all new areas if I tried it.
- Apparently I’ve been saying “grimace” wrong my whole life. I thought it was “grimance” with an ‘n’ in there. Quite embarrassing really.
- And I’ve finally taken a photo of my medal holder (which isn’t actually on the wall yet). My granddad made it for me. He goes up to Scotland every winter to help out look after reindeers at this reindeer centre. The male reindeers ‘drop’ their antlers and he collects the ones in good conditions and makes things out of them (he was a carpenter).
Ben held it up for me and I put some of my medals on it to give it it’s full effect. I think it’s amazing!
So this weekend is going to be a busy one. With the meal tomorrow, then Karen’s (pregnant amazing runner) 30th birthday party on Saturday (afternoon tea – YES She very much shares my love of cake!) and then a meal out on Sunday for Ben’s birthday (which was on Tuesday). Lots of food…the best kind of weekends 😉
What do you do with your medals?
What kind of trainers do you wear to run?
Do you have any pets?