I’m still in Chicago but have an interesting post for you today from a guest writer. I’m not looking to lose weight and I don’t really follow any specific diet but this might be helpful or an interesting read!
A lot of people around the world have chosen the keto diet for weight loss due to its effectiveness. As a matter of fact, a keto-er can expect to lose between 2 and 10 pounds just in the first week. If you think this it’s too good to be true, you are wrong.
The secret behind its success is the type of foods consumed while on the diet. Namely, you can consume only high-fat, low-carb, and moderate-protein foods which put your body into ketosis. That means that you can eat plenty of foods, from vegetables to meat, to eggs. Plus, you can eat delicious snacks, such as a keto strawberry shake. If you don’t believe, here are 5 keto breakfast ideas you can try.
1. Strawberry Chocolate Crepes
● 3 eggs
● 3 tbsp coconut flour
● 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
● 1 tbsp stevia or another low-carb sweetener
● 1/3 cup boiling water
● 1 oz (28g) dark chocolate
● ½ tbsp. coconut oil or butter
● ½ cup diced strawberries or raspberries
● Mix eggs, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder and sweetener in a bowl.
● Add boiling water and mix until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
● In a nonstick pan, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and turn the heat to medium.
● When the pan is hot, add 1/4 to 1/2 of the crepe liquid and cook until the edges become brown. Then, flip it over and cook until it becomes golden brown. Repeat this until you make all crepes.
● Melt the dark chocolate with coconut oil or butter.
● Fill the crepes with a handful of berries and a spoonful of chocolate.
● Fold each crepe and add more berries and chocolate on the top if you want.
2. Egg Butter With Smoked Salmon And Avocado
Ingredients (2 servings)
● 4 eggs● 5 oz (142g) butter
● 2 avocados
● 4 oz (113g) smoked salmon
● Boil the eggs in simmering water for around 8 minutes.
● Put them in ice-cold water to cool.
● Once cool, chop them into small pieces and mix with room-temperature butter.
● Place the mix in two plates and add 1 avocado and 2 oz of smoked salmon in each plate.
3. Keto Breakfast Smoothie
● 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
● 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
● ½ cups frozen mixed berries
● ¼ cup cottage cheese
● 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● ¼ cup crushed ice
● Liquid Stevia as you wish
● Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
4. All Day Keto Breakfast
● 1 large egg (organic or free range)
● 2 large Portobello mushrooms
● 5 thin/2-3 regular bacon slices
● 1/2 avocado
● 1 tbsp butter or ghee
● pinch ground black pepper
● sea salt as you wish
● fresh herbs
● Roast the mushrooms in a pan with their top side down.
● Heat half of the butter/ghee on medium-low. Once heat, add the mushrooms, sea salt, and black pepper and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until they become tender.
● Fry the egg and the bacon in another butter-greased pan.
● Serve them on a plate and garnish with fresh herbs.5. Keto Burrito Bowl
● 1/2 pound lean ground beef
● 1/3 head riced cauliflower
● 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
● 3 beaten eggs
● 1 tbsp keto-friendly taco seasoning
● 1 tsp ghee
● sea salt and pepper as you wish
● 3/4 cup water
● Brown ground beef in a large skillet and remove any fat that appears while cooking.
● Add the taco seasoning and water in it.
● Let it cook until it’s boiling. Then, lower the heat and let the dish simmer for a couple of minutes.
● Put the taco meat on one side of the skillet. Then, add the cauliflower, cilantro, and salt on the free side.
● Cook the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes. Then push it to the meat and add the scrambled eggs. If there’s no room for the eggs, scramble them in another skillet.
● Melt ghee and pour it in the eggs. Then, whisk the eggs and shake the skillet while cooking.
● Once the egg is scrambled as you like, mix it with the other ingredients in a dish.
● Add salt and pepper as you wish.
Do you follow any specific diets?
Do you like smoothies?